Wednesday, August 31, 2011

News from Chicago

Hello Brethren and Friends:

I want to start this edition by saying that while the weather here in the "Windy City," has been delightful, your Valley of Philadelphia delegation's thoughts are with those of you back home who may have been affected by Hurricane Irene. I pray that you all escaped any major damage or devastion. To those that may have experienced Irene's fury, I hope that the damage is minimal and that recovery is not going to be an obstacle.

Okay, so what's happening or should I say at this point what happened in Chicago?

Well, first I would like to offer my sincere and enthusiastic congratulations to our Active, Ill. Russell W. Baker, 33 on his elevation to Deputy for Pennsylvania. I often refer to Bro. Russ as the Valley's Best Friend. Any of you who know Russ know that is exactly what he is. We look forward to continuing to work with our Brother for the continued growth of Scottish Rite Freemasonry.

Now to answer the question I'm sure all of you want the answer to. We will have 5 Valley Brethren receiving the 33rd Degree next year in Cleveland, Ohio. Those Brethren are (in alphabetical order):

Matthew D. Dupee
Jeffrey S. Greene
William L. Kingsbury
John Lanckowski
Harry B. Rutter

Congratulations to each of them on being selected for this Masonic honor. Each of them have impressive resumes of service to our Fraternity.

LESSONS LEARNED FROM THIS TRIP:

Never, ever, ever, take Amtrak's "Cardinal" when traveling to Chicago! 26 hours in an "airplane" seat is very unforgiving on the human body.

Here endeth the lesson.

I will be enjoying a few days of vacation (or cleaning and repairing damage Irene may have left at my trailer) when I return home from Chicago. I will be back in the office on Tuesday, 6 September.

I pray that the Grand Architect continues to watch over each of you and your families and provide you with his Divine protection.

Sincerely and fraternally,

Steven A. Morrison, 33
Valley Secretary

No comments:

Post a Comment