Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dear Brethren and Friends:

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday everyone. This is your friendly Valley Secretary bringing you joyous fraternal greetings and reminding you that I always have your best interests in mind.

So now you're thinking, "Okay Steve, what's up?" and I don't blame you, but, I just wanted to remind you that we are Brethren and we are, I hope, friends, before the following announcement causes you to have (undeserved) angst in my general direction.

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE: The Grand Banquet Room is CLOSED on Friday night, to anyone and everyone who does not have a dinner reservation or a pre-paid ticket.

Now what does that mean? The Temple's new caterer is very strict in her accounting of meals needed. She requires our reservation deadline to be at least 10 days prior to our meeting. She gives me a few days 'wiggle room,' to add for possible late editions. But, as of yesterday she called for the FINAL number. Which I gave her.

Therefore, be advised, and please everyone spread the word, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DINNER RESERVATION YOU WILL NOT BE SERVED ON FRIDAY NIGHT, NOR WILL YOU BE ADMITTED INTO THE GRAND BANQUET HALL. Just showing up with the attitude of "everything will be alright," WON'T WORK! Our Stewards will not sell you a ticket as there is no meal or seat available for you. You will not be served without a ticket. No ifs, no buts. You had time to make your reservation. You were notified at the last dinner of this coming change and it has been publicized here, on my blog, and in The Double Eagle. No excuses.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for your expected cooperation and understanding.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment