Sunday, November 3, 2013

Dear Brethren and Friends:

I've been debating with myself as to whether or not to post this. Partly because it's been somewhat of an emotional issue for me. But, I feel you should know.

Our Valley Treasurer, Illustrious John H. Platt, Jr., 33, has been facing some health issues of late. This past week, he called and tendered his resignation as our Treasurer.

Bro. John served our Valley in an exemplary manner for a number of years. He served as our Soloist for our Annual Memorial Service too. Anyone who has attended that can attest to John's beautiful singing voice....


I've known John for 26 years, and he has been a great Brother and friend. I will miss working with him and wish him well going forward.

There will be cards at our Stewards tables on Friday, November 15th. Please take the time to sign one of them to wish our Illustrious Brother, good health and thank him for his many years of Service to Freemasonry and the Scottish Rite.


Folks, I noticed that I am beginning to receive orders for the Valley's Family Life event, "Christmas in Hershey." This is a good thing and I'm glad to see that our Valley membership is interested in the programs our Family Life Chairman puts together.

 Our ticket allotment has been paid for and ordered. Once I receive them in the office I will begin sending them out to those that have paid and ordered them.

One note however, you do not need to let me know what date you are planning to go to the Park. These tickets can be used on any date the Park is open during the "Christmas Candy Lane" promotion. I only provided you with the dates in The Double Eagle and on the flyer, so that you could check your calendars as to whether or not you and your family would be able to participate.

Speaking from personal experience, if you're still on the fence about going, yes, it can be cold, and yes, the rides at the Park are limited if you compare to the rides open throughout the summer season, but the Park is beautifully decorated, they have their "Sweet Lights" attraction which you can drive through after dark, and the shops all have some beautiful holiday items for decorating your home. My family and I have gone every year, we really enjoy it, and of course, THE CHOCOLATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment