Thursday, March 19, 2015

Possible Snow Emergency for Friday

I'm sure many of you are following the weather forecast for Friday. It doesn't look good. As of 11 PM this evening, they're calling for snow in the morning, changing to snow and rain in the afternoon, which will make for slushy conditions, more snow during the evening rush hour and possibly ending with freezing rain. We're not supposed to get too much, only 3 inches, but we have to be prepared either way. Hopefully they'll be wrong. But, again we have to be prepared.
I plan to speak with the Commander-in-Chief on Thursday about this and see what his feelings are.
Stay tuned to this blog for information as things develop. As soon as I know, you'll know.
If we should have to cancel, I will ask each of you that are recommenders to assist me in letting the Candidates know what is happening. I will call them as well.
If we should have to cancel, I will discuss this with the Committee on Temple office to see about rescheduling our meeting for NEXT Friday.27 March.
But of course this is all thinking ahead. As of right now, we are a GO for this Friday, but we need to be prepared for change.
This won't be the first time we've had to move a March meeting. Some of you might remember the Statewide Ice Storm we had during Ill. Daniel Martin, 33's term as Commander-in-Chief. We survived that, we'll survive this.
Change and adapt. If we have to, we will.
As we used to say in the Navy; Stand by for heavy rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment