Friday, October 11, 2013

Fall Class Deadline Friday!

Dear Brethren and Friends:

Happy Deadline and Holiday Weekend Friday everyone!

Yes, the Fall Class Deadline has arrived. When I left the office last evening we had 81 Candidates for our Class. Valley Brother and Orator of Philadelphia Lodge of Perfection,
Mike McKee, picked up two more at his Lodge's October Stated Meeting last night, so that gets us up to 83! Now I know I just mentioned a 14th Degree guy and I usually cap that off with a, "Calm down Cliff," as I know how excited my Illustrious Peer gets whenever I refer to Members of the 14th Degree, but as it is a Holiday weekend, I'll say, "Go for it Cliff!" Who am I to downsize his Holiday spirit?

Okay, so now we have 83 Candidates! Wait, not so fast. That's right I have another Brother coming in the office today to drop one off and Valley Brother and Master of Ceremonies of DeJoinville Council,
Yasser Al-Khatib, messaged me that he had just put one in the mail, which gets us up to 84! WOW! If that doesn't get you in the Holiday spirit, I don't know what does!

I want to thank everyone who worked so hard to make this Class as large as it is. But, our work is far from done. We've got the numbers which is fantastic, but now we have to 'keep' them. Lets get these guys active and involved in our Valley, because that is truly where growth comes from. Each of you know how much our Valley has to offer, or we wouldn't be so enthusiastic about it. Share that feeling with our new Brothers. I've called this Class historic, but it's up to all of us to make that history realized.

Well, enough preaching. It's Friday! And a Holiday Friday to boot. Have a great Holiday Weekend everyone! If you haven't gotten your dinner reservations in yet, please do and spread the word to others.

Wait. What's that? What do I mean, "Holiday Weekend?" Oh come on now! All right, for those who don't know, this Sunday, is 13 October, the 238th Birthday of the Greatest Fighting Force the World has ever known, THE United States Navy!


No comments:

Post a Comment