Thursday, March 6, 2014

Brethren:
 
 Alright I know I usually keep my posts lighthearted. I always feel and still do that laughter and good cheer are the glue that keep fellowship together, but it's time to get serious.

Tomorrow, Friday, March 7, 2014 is the Petition Deadline for our Spring Class. I know that many of you are used to our week before deadline, but as I have previously explained the Temple's new caterer has given us a ten day final deadline for dinner reservations for our meetings.
That would put our deadline past the reservation deadline. When I first brought this concern to the Executive Committee, there were a few that said, "No problem, we just won't provide dinners to late Candidates." Well you and I both know we cannot 'welcome' new Brethren like that.

Now, I'm hearing suggestions that perhaps we take late Candidates to either the Courtyard or Maggiano's for dinner. I won't give you my total opinion on that, but I think someone would take notice of all those possible meal dollars walking out the door.

But that isn't an issue as of right now. Right now we have to deal with an abbreviated deadline. Right now we have 30 Candidates for our Class. We can do better. We have today to prove that. Today is the day. Today is the day to get a petition into the hands of an interested Brother. Today is the day to have that talk with that Brother you've been considering. Today is the day we, you, I, make it happen.

You can do it. We can do it. Lets make it happen. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment